making sumfink out of nufink

“You come into the world with nothing,
and the purpose of your life is to make something out of nothing”.
Henry Louis Mencken

12 thoughts on “making sumfink out of nufink

metan said:
    July 26, 2013 at 2:19 pm

“I started out with nothin’ and I’ve still got most if it left” 😀

metan said:
      July 26, 2013 at 2:22 pm

Or most OF it left. Clearly I have plenty of bad typing left…. 😉

July 26, 2013 at 2:32 pm

I didn’t even notice, I was too busy channelling Seasick Steve 🙂

July 26, 2013 at 2:56 pm

I think that’s neat. I love the casual stance. I’ve got visions of everyone assembling around him and waiting for him to give instructions!

Were those black things abandoned clothes? Wouldn’t be there for long with us around? Did you pick them up?

July 26, 2013 at 4:33 pm

When I saw the paste up on Thursday I quickly snapped a shot. This morning I was running even later but I couldn’t miss it – too good. There’s a crew doing work on the road there, so no, not abandoned clothing… I’d have to think about that. I’ve never re-homed clothes off the street. I’m thinking you live in a better area than us 🙂

July 26, 2013 at 4:50 pm

The best haul was the recent yellow jacket. We’ve managed a couple of dork hats (baseball caps?), a sweatshirt, and small things like purses, bags, pouches etc. But we actually get given a lot by neighbours (Spanish and Gibbo) who clearly think we are poor and needy or badly dressed.

dadirri7 said:
    July 26, 2013 at 6:32 pm

brilliant!

July 26, 2013 at 7:05 pm

Thank you. I really liked the paste up the first day I saw it but when I saw the work crew had incorporated it into their site, it made my day 🙂

July 29, 2013 at 12:15 pm

It’s a super piece, as you say, but really terrific to see it ‘live’ – I wonder what ‘s happening around it this week? Now, a bit of technical/jargon clarification – paste up, what’s that refer to exactly?

July 29, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Same thing happening this week – they’re still digging up the road…
      A paste up is street art – usually screen printed on paper and glued to a wall, as opposed to painted as in the usual street art or painted using a stencil 🙂

July 30, 2013 at 7:23 am

Fantastic, EllaDee! Great capture by you and cheers to the guy that included that sign.

July 30, 2013 at 9:58 am

Thanks, and I knew I had to get in quick to take pics, as this morning when I walked by he had been partly peeled off…