I am honoured to be included in Lord David Prosser’s Super Sweet Blogging Award nominations. Lord David’s blog is barsetshirediaries, and amongst books of his authorship are the similarly titled: My Barsetshire Diary: The Daily Events of the Gentry Recorded for Posterity; More Barsetshire Diary; and The Queen’s Envoy. I’ve now read each, and reviewed the first My Barsetshire Diary isn’t my usual style of read so that I really enjoyed it is high praise indeed. I came to welcome my forays into Lord David & Lady Julia’s world as a welcome diversion from my own… Being immersed in their happenings put a smile on my face and bestowed a lightness upon my being. Of course, Oscar stole the show. I wonder if I can copy and paste the same review for the other 2… I digress…
Thank you Lord David. In the words of Oscar Wilde, I can resist anything except temptation and the temptation of this award is as sweet as its bestower, so here goes…
1. Cookies or Cake? It never ceases to be a wonder to me how just with eggs, butter, flour, sugar and vanilla I can make either. For the G.O. I add a pinch of ginger and he has Snap Biscuits to take for smoko. Sometimes at Taylors Arm I bake a simple cake with the addition of milk and either cocoa, shredded coconut, lemon, a layer of jam or fruit, which we eat still warm with a dollop of good cream, accompanied by a short black, or pot of tea.
2. Chocolate or Vanilla? Workdays I sometimes indulge in an afternoon treat, from the supermarket conveniently located downstairs in the building, that delivers both. Yalla Chocolate Mousse with Vanilla Bean Yoghurt… silky rich chocolate mousse base with a tart fragrant yoghurt top layer which you lightly blend together as you take each mouthful.
3. Favourite Sweet Treat? See No.2.
4. When Do You Crave Sweet Things The Most? See No.2
5. Sweet Nick Name? Occasionally, possibly when he forgets my name 😉 the G.O. calls me Hon.
With the disclaimers that some of them don’t do awards posts, none should feel obliged, they are in no particular order, and it is by no means a conclusive list. This is simply my way of saying, in this instance, these are my Super Sweet Blogger nominees.
- Philosopher Mouse of the Hedge
- Vic of Pic a colour for me
- Meeka’s Mind
- Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
- Kourtney Heintz’s Journal
- Buried Words and Bushwa
- Leanne Cole – Photography
- Pete Denton – writer
- from the Bartolini kitchens
Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music. ~ Ronald Reagan