Here there be spiders – somewhere

Arachnophobes will be happy to know the spiders weren’t evident, only their webs.

We spent the Queen’s Birthday June long weekend at Taylors Arm, industrious by day, tidying, gardening and maintaining our home. We spent the evenings by the wood fire.

The morning sun was warm and illuminated the creations of the industrious nocturnal crafters in their Gardenia tree home adjacent to our front verandah.

19 thoughts on “Here there be spiders – somewhere

June 15, 2013 at 6:16 pm

QB weekend? Ours is only starting! Bank hol on monday for us.
    Ironic the UK doesn’t celebrate/acknowledge it. Warming up here. No spiders though. Possibly cockroaches to come ….

June 16, 2013 at 9:12 am

A honour bestowed upon/by the colonies… but as Easter falls in or close to April, as does ANZAC Day, we have Mothers Day in May, I guess June is the next best thing. We used to simultaneously celebrate Guy Fawkes aka Cracker Night but private fireworks are banned and it seems to have gone out of fashion. We have no more public holidays until Labour Day in October.
      I did kill a big cockroach… and then felt bad… should have just put it out.

June 15, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Jeez, you’ve got very industrious spiders in Oz, I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many webs and so thick too.
    As RS has said, the Queen’s birthday isn’t celebrated here, though I did see the trooping of the colours on TV this morning.

June 16, 2013 at 9:02 am

I’ve never seen so many webs before… I’m hoping they’re tiny spiders and not looking to stage a coup 😉
      I think it’s only we in HRH’s colonies who celebrate… commemorate really, as it’s not actually her birthday in June.

June 15, 2013 at 11:58 pm

Once I realized that the title wasn’t a metaphor, I skipped right to the comments. I have a sudden urge to check my supply of bug spray. One can never have enough. 🙂
    I hope you’re enjoying your weekend, EllaDee.

June 16, 2013 at 9:03 am

Ah, but only spider webs, I would have warned if I was posting a spider pic… as I’ve been known to do 🙂

Little bits of Sheffield said:
    June 16, 2013 at 9:12 pm

The webs might all be from just one tiny spider who has had a lot of coffee 😉

June 17, 2013 at 6:06 am

It’s possible – we took the coffee machine with us 🙂

metan said:
    June 17, 2013 at 1:21 pm

I love seeing these kinds of web, only if the spiders stay home though! 😀

June 17, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Not a spider to be seen… I’m guessing they were sleeping off their efforts 🙂

anneb54 said:
    June 21, 2013 at 11:37 am

Great photos! They sparkle in the sun.

June 21, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Thank you – one of the redeeming features of winter is sun, when it comes out, sparkling on the morning dew 🙂

Pete Denton said:
    June 24, 2013 at 2:03 am

Wow, spiders on steroids or what! Great shots. I do like to see spiders webs after rain. A lovely sight.

dadirri7 said:
    June 29, 2013 at 5:07 pm

oh my, that is a spider web fest!!!

June 30, 2013 at 8:29 am

oh yes, oh my. I hope they are very small spiders and keep to themselves 🙂

July 29, 2013 at 12:43 pm

It’s tooooo many webs for me, EllaDee – where there’s a web there’s a spider lurking somewhere, probably hatching eggs and before you know it the gardenia will be swarming with scuttling arachnids ….. can’t stick around, sorry 🙂

July 29, 2013 at 2:42 pm

I wondered myself and it’s interesting you say that… I’ve never seen a spider on or near it…