Lunch Bites: Royal Botanic Gardens, Sydney (1)

Foggy Sydney
Foggy Sydney

Given my office is a short distance of 1 traffic light crossing over & 2 traffic light crossings along from one of the entrances to the Royal Botanic Gardens, Sydney, I should go there more often that I do.
One of the problems is, the gardens are too nice. Once you get to wandering in lunch time sunshine, the last path you want to take is the one that leads back to your desk.

Today, the weather was just too nice to spend the hour indoors. Also the early mornings have been chilly, damp and foggy so I have forgone my usual walk. I’m craving physical exercise and the accompanying mental quietude.

So after a quick bite to eat I donned sunglasses, grabbed my phone and out I went. On my walk back from a circuit of the gardens I put the phone’s camera setting onto Polaroid and took a few shots of the harbour and cityscape.

I think I’ll make this a regular thing on sunny Sydney winter work days.

29-05-2013 2-12-50 PM_Sydney NSW Australia

13 thoughts on “Lunch Bites: Royal Botanic Gardens, Sydney (1)

May 30, 2013 at 10:04 pm

What a lovely idea – a walk in the Gardens after lunch – on a sunny Sydney winter’s day. Can’t be many things better than that, with those blue blue skies and the trees, and the water sparkling away over the mellow stone wall. Must feel good. 🙂

May 31, 2013 at 6:04 am

Thank you. The gardens are wonderful, and I should go more but despite its proximity it is always a rush to go and get back in an hour.
      At one stage I was living out of the city, working on contract and staying in a nearby hotel weeknights, and kept my sanity with early morning and where possible evening walks in the gardens… it became like my own backyard, so I’m very fond of it 🙂

Richard Guest said:
    May 31, 2013 at 6:18 am

Lovely shots, EllaDee!

May 31, 2013 at 6:24 am

Thank you 🙂 I was truly trying to just take a walk but my phone camera was whispering “blog, blog”… 😉

Pete Denton said:
    June 2, 2013 at 7:07 am

Great idea and great photographs. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to more snaps from more walks 🙂

June 2, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Thank you. The Gardens have a lot to offer on a sunny day… I’ll heed their call 🙂

June 2, 2013 at 7:40 am

I remember Sydney’s Royal Botanic Gardens quite well, EllaDee. Such a gem! How nice that you work close enough to stroll through it whenever you like. I must admit, though, that a Winter day in Sydney could not be more different from a Winter day in Chicago. 🙂

June 2, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Ah well, it’s a very dreary day in Sydney today, so it’s good to make the most of the lovely days 🙂

June 2, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Hey! Stop making me nostalgic.

June 3, 2013 at 5:52 am

I was thinking of you… I’m hoping I get the magic combo of good winter weather and enough time to take a walk in the gardens a couple of times a week to do some more 🙂

June 7, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Just beautiful EllaDee, I must go and visit the one in Melbourne again. You have inspired me.

June 13, 2013 at 11:24 am

Thank you. I have only had short strolls through the Melbourne Gardens but what I have seen is lovely.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )