Ahoy me hearties, arr…

Street art, Rochford Street, Newtown, Sydney, NSW AustraliaAvast Ye!
Hoist the main sails.
Shiver me timbers,
I has me a new first mate.
Splice the mainbrace.
Heave ho and set sail.
Godspeed the jollyboat elladee
and all who sail with her.
Street art, King Street, Newtown, Sydney, NSW Australia
Translation: I acquired a new smart phone-blogging companion on the weekend, and celebrated by snapping a couple of recent items of Newtown street art.

14 thoughts on “Ahoy me hearties, arr…

March 4, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Congratulations on the new phone, what was your final choice?
    Another amazing piece of street art, well captured too.

March 4, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Thank you 🙂 We went with the Telstra 4G EasyTouch which is a Telstra branded ZTE T82 (Chinese) Android phone because it is the only option with an external aerial that fits a patch lead to the antenna at our house in the country, in the hope we will [finally] have mobile phone coverage there… so far ok in the city 🙂

March 4, 2013 at 10:21 pm

That sounds interesting.
        Does that mean we’ll get posts from the country too 🙂

March 5, 2013 at 6:06 am

We’ll see… the aerial didn’t assist much in the way of internet coverage via the wireless broadband modem. It’s possible internet coverage via the smart phone will be better but at worst we’re just hoping for mobile phone reception 😉

Richard Guest said:
    March 5, 2013 at 12:10 am

Glad you got a new phone, EllaDee! Nice capture.

March 5, 2013 at 6:08 am

Thank you… Unlike your subjects these guys weren’t on the move 😉

Celia @ Fig Jam and Lime Cordial said:
    March 5, 2013 at 10:33 am

Gorgeous photo – isn’t it amazing the quality of pic coming out of our phones these days? Newtown really has raised graffiti to an art form. 🙂

March 5, 2013 at 10:42 am

Thank you 🙂 The Telstra EasyTouch 4G (ZTE T82) got bad camera image quality reviews but I’d say it was on par with my old Samsung Galaxy. I enjoy many things about living in the Newtown neighbourhood but the street art adds so much value, it’s like walking around a gallery, from the big pieces like the pirates (near Zagari’s) to the small quirky paste ups 🙂

March 6, 2013 at 3:02 am

Your street art is much more elegant than ours…hard to find cool walls for it around here ( and I don’t count the quick tagging along the highway.)
    Yea for new phone – now you just have to bother with learning all it’s stuff ( the major hesitancy to change). Signal has to determine which one to get here, too – Odd. We are “ideally located” among towers – but they all must be facing the other directions.

March 6, 2013 at 5:58 am

Thank you. Some of our street art isn’t quite so elegant, and unfortunately there is some tagging, and also graffiti. But, yes, the Inner City/Inner West has become quite a street gallery.
      The new phone is user friendly, and more so as I’ve had similar. All is changed over but still waiting for outcome of recovery of images off old phone. Signal is good in city but we’ll see how it goes at Taylors Arm over Easter, which was the point of getting that particular phone.

March 6, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Great pic of a great painting (if you can call it a painting) and I loved your words to go with it. Very witty.

April 10, 2013 at 6:55 am