Autumn arrives in early morning

I set out on my morning work around Sydney Park last Friday equipped with our small digital camera [still without a smartphone walking-blogging companion] to take a couple of photos of the remaining resident swan eating its breakfast.

Since returning from holidays I’ve been taking the path up the dreaded hill, as opposed to walking across not because I’m virtuous and fit but because the grass across the hill has been long and damp.

Autumn greeted me as I crested the hill, so I whipped out the camera and dancing in circles recorded the moments of light.

Autumn arrives in early morning, but spring at the close of a winter day.” Elizabeth Bowen

18 thoughts on “Autumn arrives in early morning

smackedpentax said:
    March 3, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Looks lovely…seems strange you guys just starting autumn when we have just come out of a horrible wet winter…but hope your autumn is colourful and your winters are ‘soft’…love the pics…

March 4, 2013 at 5:46 am

Thank you. I hate to wish Summer away but February is so humid so good riddance to it… Apparently we’ve had the hottest Summer on our recorded history, which has also been extremely wet, so we might be in luck for a proper dry winter 🙂

March 3, 2013 at 11:10 pm

What a beautiful spot to watch the sun rise 🙂
    As Smacked has said, it does seem most odd to think of you heading into Autumn just as we are getting spring buds appearing.

March 4, 2013 at 5:48 am

Thank you. I love Autumn and have been anticipating it’s approach through hints and subtle changes, so it was wonderful to be there right then [with camera] to enjoy it’s official arrival 🙂

fgassette said:
    March 4, 2013 at 1:05 am

OH how beautiful to see autumn arrive this way.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

March 4, 2013 at 5:49 am

Thank you. I was very fortunate. A reward for walking up the dreaded hill!

paralaxvu said:
    March 4, 2013 at 1:11 pm

So fun to think about the world as I sit on my back patio looking at your autumn pix and my spring flowers!

March 4, 2013 at 1:16 pm

🙂 It’s all seasons in the WordPress Community Garden… I’m glad you have spring flowers… I have been seeing so many photos of snow in the U.S. I was wondering if winter was ever going to end.

March 4, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Such a beautiful view that waited for you to arrive! Lovely how the Sun tints the clouds as it rises. Odd to read of Autumn arriving when we’ve yet to see the first glimmer of Spring. You needn’t worry, though. If our recent history is any indication, you’ll be at Winter’s end before you know it. 🙂

March 4, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Thank you. I’ve been walking for a couple of weeks with no smart phone, so if I hadn’t taken the camera with me that morning, I’d have seen the Autumn sunrise but not been able to share it 🙂
      We’ve had a hot wet summer, so we’re hoping for a proper cool dry corresponding winter.
      The snow falls in the US are beyond my comprehension. It would take some getting used to.

March 6, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Lovely range of colours there. Is it safe wandering around so early on your own? It would be where I am in both Spain and Gib, but there are places I’ve lived where I wouldn’t do it. King’s Cross for one 😀

March 7, 2013 at 10:56 am

Thank you. Very safe. It was about 6.45am. I see people walking around 5 am onwards. I’m not sure about in the Cross but were I’ve lived early mornings are reasonably safe as a lot of people are up and about for work and/or exercise 🙂

Richard Guest said:
    March 7, 2013 at 3:47 am

These are lovely – what a great way to start the day.

March 7, 2013 at 10:58 am

Thank you. It is a great way to start the day – it must be, never in history have I walked so many mornings!

March 12, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Oh dear, is summer over already? But the light, EllaDee – if you have a month or so of that light in the mornings, I guess you won’t mind dewey grass across the top of the hill 🙂

March 13, 2013 at 6:12 am

Despite the flipping over of calender months and name of season, the days are still very warm. The last week has been hot in fact, similar to what the US calls Indian Summer, but you can feel Autumn’s touch in the mornings in particular. I have to walk through the dewy grass regardless to grab a handful for the swan 🙂

May 15, 2013 at 2:41 am

Gorgeous! Wish I could take that stroll with you. 🙂

May 15, 2013 at 10:00 am

🙂 It’s starting to get chilly now, I’ve had to add a layer.