whooo hwooo

image

Tawny Frog Mouth owls in the tree in front of my aunt’s house at Stuarts Point, NSW, Australia. They stay for a few months during Summer, and have increased over the last few years from 2 to 4, in number.

10 thoughts on “whooo hwooo

January 5, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Hwooo, I mean how lovely they are 🙂

January 16, 2013 at 6:30 am

Thank you. There’s something about an owl… the have an aura or elusiveness & mystery, that makes them extra appealing.

January 5, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Aren’t owls something? Some years ago, a screech owl took up residence in the woods behind my parents’ home. Late at night I could hear it call as it hunted and, occasionally, I’d find the remains of some animal or bird it had eaten. Just like us at the family dinner table, it had a favorite perch on which to dine. I never did see it, though. Great that you’ve not only seen these guys but know that they’ve doubled in numbers. How cool is that?

January 10, 2013 at 6:05 pm

It is something special to hear or see an owl or even know they live nearby 🙂 We love our wildlife, whether city or country and get a kick from knowing we share the environment.

January 6, 2013 at 6:23 am

WOW. Owls are so cool – and you have multiples – so unfair. Well, ok, it looks like a nice spot for them.

January 10, 2013 at 6:02 pm

Much excitement for us, as we have a tawny frog mouth too 🙂 A while ago, I said I thought I heard an owl but we also have a lot of huge pigeons and “whoo” and “coo” can sound similar. But, the G.O. and the neighbours had a visit from the owl last night while sitting up the back, and I heard it today – definitely “whoo”, so I’m hoping to see it tonight 🙂

January 6, 2013 at 8:09 pm

You are so lucky to be able to photograph such beautiful birds.
    It’s not very often I see them here, though they’re definitely around as I can hear them.

January 10, 2013 at 5:57 pm

I feel very privileged 🙂 It appears now we also have a tawny frog mouth owl at home at Taylors Arm. Our neighbour heard it, and then the G.O. and neighbours saw it last night. I heard it today, in the the trees at the back. I’ll be waiting, hoping, tonight 🙂

January 13, 2013 at 5:50 pm

HOw lucky you are EllaDee, and to get two of them, doubly jealous.

January 16, 2013 at 6:28 am

Thank you. I had a little owl envy… but it seems we have an owl also at TA, which I’ve heard but not seen. I enjoy co-existing with the wildlife 🙂