What’s the go Anna?

image

Resident neighbourhood goanna wandering through our backyard. Close up photo courtesy of the G.O.

Taylors Arm, NSW, Australia

8 thoughts on “What’s the go Anna?

January 4, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Suddenly my neighbors are looking a little better than they did just moments ago.

January 5, 2013 at 4:01 pm

The goanna is pretty good but it does upset the neighbour’s dog by not respecting her space…

January 4, 2013 at 5:29 pm

So cute. Great camouflage outfit too.

January 5, 2013 at 3:56 pm

They are quite striking. We were happy to see it again.

January 4, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Wow, that looks enormous.
    How amazing to have something like that wandering around you garden, do they bite?

The only lizard I saw on my visit to Oz was quite small in comparison, it was quite stumpy and oval in shape. I can’t remember what it was called, Stumpy rings a bell, but I’m guessing that was its nickname.
    Still enjoying your break then 🙂

January 5, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Thnx. Still another week of holidays. Goanna’s will bite if threatened but more so they will climb the nearest thing… including people, and have very sharp claws.
      You may have seen a Blue Tongue or Stumpy Tail lizard.

January 9, 2013 at 6:08 pm

I can remember growing believing that old wives tale that if a goanna bit you the bit would come back every year. I don’t know that I have ever seen one. Great subject.

January 10, 2013 at 5:21 pm

It’s entirely possible. I haven’t heard that re goanna bites but have seen it with spider bites. Poisons have energetic properties and memories.