a walk on the wild side

As I stepped into Sydney Park  this morning on my walk I encountered a tall pirate towing a mini-pirate on a scooter, a bad fairy, a jogging pumpkin and two girls attired in balaclava’s & t-shirts advising ‘run like you stole something’ carrying a printer box between them…

Did I mention it was early?

It was only when I saw the Halloween theme chalked messages on the path I got it… the Saturday morning runners were having a fancy dress event.

I got with it and took a few snaps.

A gypsy fire is on the hearth, Sign of the carnival of mirth;
Through the dun fields and from the glade
Flash merry folk in masquerade,
For this is Hallowe’en!
~Author Unknown

10 thoughts on “a walk on the wild side

October 27, 2012 at 8:21 pm

What a great find, it must have seemed so strange coming across it, especially in Sydney. We don’t see much Halloween stuff here in Melbourne, though lots of kids really want to make it happen.

October 28, 2012 at 8:21 am

Thanks – it seriously took me until I saw the girls with the printer carton to even have more than a passing “that’s weird” thought… I agree, in Sydney also, Halloween is trying to become something but thankfully very ho hum to most 🙂

October 28, 2012 at 4:58 pm

That’s a very organised group of runners, Ella! Do love the blood-stained skeleton footprints, I must say 🙂

October 28, 2012 at 5:03 pm

It’s all still there today, looking a bit like yesterday’s leftovers…

October 28, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Not into Hallowe’en, don’t think I’ve ever had anything to do with it, but that looks more of a fun way to enjoy it. Spelling is a bit iffy on the pavements … 😉

October 28, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Spelling is VERY iffy, and sadly it was “warewolves” that finally got my attention. The right pointing arrow saying left is obviously demons’ trickery 🙂

October 28, 2012 at 5:29 pm

I figured about the arrow, can’t remember if g(h)ouls or w(e)arewolves came first but it was like chalk grating on a blackboard!

October 28, 2012 at 6:46 pm

I saw ‘warewolves’ first, and there were more ‘creative’ spelling examples which I omitted 🙂

November 1, 2012 at 2:51 am

If that had happened to me I’d have started to doubt my sanity LOL

I’ve nothing against folk enjoying Halloween, as long as they keep it amongst themselves, but the trick or treat really annoys me when kids come knocking on the door scaring the **** out of old folk when they demandi treats or threatening tricks,

November 1, 2012 at 6:11 am

I agree re Halloween, it’s fun for the kids but done appropriately. Locally it seems to be kept within like-minded neighbourhoods. The mass of Saturday runners usually annoy me as they hog the paths but I was amused by their weird costumes, vaguely wondering why the woman in tangerine foam was dressed as an orange. At my office yesterday there was a some trick or treating handing out of lollies… adding sugar to a relatively confined environment is not a good idea 🙂