take a walk with me…

Oh dear, it’s been a while, so I took a walk. Let’s catch up…

10 thoughts on “take a walk with me…

October 21, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Love the Mexico one. And totally different, – Munni St. Don’t think we can match any of that in Gib!!

October 21, 2012 at 9:41 pm

I hadn’t realised how long it had been since we’d had an opportunity to take a stroll, and the time to snap some images. Munni Street is just one street from our usual track, and we decided to wander home a different way. My favourite is the cat. He was quite unusual 🙂

October 21, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Regardless of the art – love the building in Newtown.

October 22, 2012 at 5:56 am

Me too. I had a closer up shot that didn’t show the detail of the building facade…

October 21, 2012 at 10:31 pm

I have real mixed views about street art. On one hand, some of the art work is amazing, and can really breath life into a derelict building, but on the other, when it is daubed onto a beautiful building, it then becomes ugly.

The black swans are beautiful, a native of Australia I understand, though I could be wrong.

On a recent holiday to Dawlish, a Devon town well know for its black swans, which I understsnd were imported from Australia many years ago. I’d only left my camera back in the motorhome, so didn’t get any photos at all 😦

October 22, 2012 at 6:05 am

Street art in this area is well accepted, and a lot of it is deliberate & approved, as opposed to graffiti. In some cases it has become a commercial art form (& desirable as home decor), which I have mixed feelings about. Everyone hates those destructive tags.

I believe the black swan are native. I love the white swans as well. I saw a TV program last night about Oxfordshire featuring the Thames & the lochs, on which were white swans… a part of many fairy tale books I read as a child 🙂

Little bits of Sheffield said:
    October 21, 2012 at 10:44 pm

A great set of shots and the last one of the cat with (c)attitude really made me smile. Thanks for sharing, N.

October 22, 2012 at 6:20 am

Thank you. The cat looked like an Egyptian Basque cat guarding a tomb, except it was guarding the backyard & laneway, which it took very seriously as you can see by the look on its face 🙂

October 24, 2012 at 8:47 am

All the street art is really interesting EllaDee, some of it is really interesting, some funny. Love it, great seeing by you. You obviously walk around with your eyes open.

October 24, 2012 at 9:32 am

Thanks. I do unless lack of time gets the better of me 🙂