tickled pink

To celebrate the Winter Solstice, Sydney dressed up dawn in its best pink.

I caught a few snaps as I set off for my morning walk.

“I’m tickled pink
That things are rosy
And skies are blue once again
(Do-do-do-do do do)”,  Jack Shaindlin

Thank you to Googsy’s Photography for reminding me about my pink morning.  Check out http://googsy.wordpress.com/2012/06/21/tongue-twister-yummy-yummy/

Can anyone tell me why Thursdays generally start out with such a great feel? Today wasn’t a one off.

9 thoughts on “tickled pink

June 21, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Beautiful, Ella. Cold, and beautiful:)

June 21, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Thank you. It was like being in a fairytale, everything just glowed pink for a few minutes.

June 22, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Your cheeks, too, I’ll bet! Great way to start the day, once you’ve managed to extract yourself from a snuggly warm bed. It’s one thing getting up for the dawn here, but where it’s cold … I’m not looking forward to it:)

June 22, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Sadly the truth is uglier – blotchy red… and it’s taken more than half my (expected) lifetime to get to it but I love the early morning walks 🙂 Sydney is quite temperate really, only a few really chilly bits here & there.

June 22, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Brava you! Better to take a decade or so to make a new habit than to remain in an unhealthy rut:)

Sadly I seem to have turned into a bit of a tropical blossom. Last time I was back in Oz I suffered through Sunshine Coast winters! I did intellectually understand it wasn’t really that cold, but tell that to my body, at 3 or 4 in the morning when I’d get up to see to Ma or Papa … Perhaps it was that all the emphasis was on designing/building to achieve maximum cooling effects!

June 21, 2012 at 5:01 pm

You did have lovely start to the day. Ours was grey, very grey and very wet. Really is winter here today.

June 21, 2012 at 7:16 pm

It took me by surprise, and was lovely.

June 21, 2012 at 5:29 pm

What on earth are you doing running around at dawn taking photos before you go to work?!!

Nice though 🙂

June 21, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Not quite dawn. Photos were taken about 6.50am as I set out for my morning walk. Phone-radio-camera always with me 🙂