Dear *Mercury Retrograde,
It’s over. Our time is done. I know you like to have your fun and create chaos in my life, and that you certainly did. Just so you know I know:
- The Easter eggs, not funny getting Australia Post to send them to the sender.
- The preparations to purchase a wood heater down the drain when the company goes into liquidation.
- The mysterious machinations of the Council requiring payment for the wood heater installation inspection and approval at the same time as the application.
- The calls to the many roof plumbers that weren’t returned.
- The mythical domestic & social dilemmas of the wannabe electrician.
- The where in the @$%# are the online shopping deliveries that are at the post office and then not.
- The magazine subscription that never subscribed.
- The Optus **Claytons mobile phone and internet coverage.
- Oh, and can you please find the eBay T-Shirt and Telstra wireless modem deliveries that are still missing.
I’m happy to indulge you from time to time – we all need to do our thing but you need to leave town. This time you’ve outstayed your welcome. I know you’ll be back but right now I’ve had just as much as I can take. Next time, call first.
Brightening this somewhat frustrating phase was an email (received via my work PC thnx to Optus & Telstra) from Richard Guest (The Future is Papier Mache) nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award. I love the way Richard encapsulates the everyday in this photographs and thank Richard very much for the nomination, as despite being nominated for this award last month, it gives me the opportunity to post links to a few more blogs which have caught my attention, and nominate them for The Versatile Blogger Award, which is what it’s really all about. For the benefit of the nominees, I’ll post the rules but ignore most of them myself as I’ve already followed them once, which I hope satisfies the requirements.
The rules for accepting this award are as follows:
1. Thank the award-givers and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 or 20 bloggers you read & admire.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
*What happens when Mercury retrogrades? You miss appointments, your computer equipment crashes, checks get lost, you find the car you just purchased during Mercury retrograde is a lemon. (Or, you hate your haircut, the lamp you bought shorts out, your sister hates her birthday gift.) There will be countless delays, cancellations and postponements–but know these will benefit you in the long run. Don’t fight them, although your frustration level and feeling of restlessness will be hard to cope with at times. http://www.astrologyzone.com/forecasts/mercury.html
**Claytons is the brand name of a non-alcoholic, non-carbonated beverage coloured and packaged to resemble bottled whisky… promoting it as “the drink you have when you’re not having a drink”… Although the product is no longer being actively marketed, the name has entered into Australian and New Zealand vernacular where it represents a “poor substitute” or “an ineffective solution to a problem”. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claytons